Series RFII — 5.6 K-factor
“Royal Flush II” Concealed Pendent Sprinklers
Quick & Standard Response, Standard Coverage
The Tyco® Series RFII Quick Response (3-mm bulb) and Standard Response (5-mm bulb), 5.6 K-Factor, “Royal Flush II” Concealed Pendent Sprinklers are decorative sprinklers featuring a flat cover plate designed to conceal the sprinkler. These sprinklers are optimal for architecturally sensitive areas such as hotel lobbies, office buildings, churches, and restaurants.
Each sprinkler includes a Cover Plate/ Retainer Assembly and a Sprinkler/ Support Cup Assembly. The separable, two-piece assembly design provides the following benefits:
• Allows installation of the sprinklers and pressure testing of the fire protection system prior to installation of a suspended ceiling or application of the finish coating to a fixed ceiling.
• Permits the removal of suspended ceiling panels for access to building service equipment without having to first shut down the fire protection system and remove sprinklers.
• Provides for 1/2 inch (12,7 mm) of vertical adjustment to allow a measure of flexibility in determining the length of fixed piping to cut for the sprinkler drops.
The Series RFII Sprinklers are shipped with a Disposable Protective Cap. The Protective Cap is temporarily removed during installation and replaced to help protect the sprinkler during ceiling installation or finish. The tip of the Protective Cap can be used to mark the center of the ceiling hole into plaster board or ceiling tiles by gently pushing the ceiling product against the Protective Cap. When ceiling installation is complete, the Protective Cap is removed and the Cover Plate/Retainer Assembly is installed.
As an option, the Series RFII Standard Response (5-mm bulb) “Royal Flush II” Concealed Pendent Sprinklers can be fitted with a silicone Air and Dust Seal. (Refer to Figure 5.) The Air and Dust Seal is intended for sensitive areas where it is desirable to prevent air and dust from the area above the ceiling to pass through the cover plate.
Sprinkler Identification Number (SIN)
TY3531 — 3 mm bulb
Approvals apply only to the service conditions indicated in theDesign Criteria section.
• TY3531 (3-mm Bulb) is UL Listed, C-UL Listed, LPCB Approved(Ref. No. 094a/10), VdS Approved (Certificate No. G 4090007), and NYC Approved(MEA 353-01-E) as Quick Response.
• TY3531 (3-mm Bulb) is FM Approved as Standard Response.
Factory Mutual does not approve any concealed sprinklers for quickresponse.
• TY3551 (5-mm Bulb) is UL Listed, C-UL Listed, FM Approved, LPCBApproved (Ref. No. 094a/9), and NYC Approved (MEA 353-01-E) as StandardResponse.
Approvalsfor Air and Dust Seal
UL and C-UL Listed for use with the RFII Standard ResponseConcealed Sprinkler (TY3551).
Maximum 250 psi (17,3 bar) by UL, C-UL, and NYC
Maximum 175 psi (12,1 bar) by FM, VdS, and LPCB
155°F/68°C Sprinkler with 139°F/59°C Plate
200°F/93°C Sprinkler with 165°F/74°C Plate
DischargeCoefficient K= 5.6 GPM/psi1/2 (80,6 LPM/bar1/2)
Adjustment 1/2 inch(12,7 mm)